Monday, November 9, 2009
















My husband surprised me with a weekend getaway to Whidbey Island. We took the ferry over to the Island and stayed at a little resort on the water called Captain Whidbey’s. We ate a wonderful meal at the lodge restaurant. I had a lamb shank?! When they brought it out it was this huge piece of meat attached to a huge bone and I started laughing saying it reminded me of the Flintstones or maybe a caveman meal. Made me want to pick it up by the bone and start gnawing on it. Then there was this guy behind us that had one of those funny sounding things that you hold up to your throat so people can hear you talk that makes you sound like Darth Vader. Of course this also made me snicker through the whole meal. On Saturday we took another ferry over to Port Townsend and on the way I was watching the water and thought I saw a shark fin. I got all excited and started pointing and saying "Look, Look" and then at the last minute I thought-That cant be a shark, I can’t yell shark or everyone will think I'm an idiot. So instead I yell "Look, Look, Things! Theres THINGS in the water!" Oh I am such a retard. Things in the water? why would I think that would sound better than "shark". Uhhh! They were sea lions and they were huge. They reminded me of army slugs. Long and kinda slimy looking. Port Townsend was very cool. We walked around and checked out a bunch of shops. Got the girls some gifts and visited an antique mall. Sunday we went to Deception Pass and took some really great pictures of the water and the bridge (which was very scary to cross). and a seagull pooped on our windshield-gross! Then right before we checked out to leave the lodge my husband say’s “look under the stairs” There was a family of otters all curled up underneath the steps of the deck in the back leading to the water. I think that they must have made a home under there. They were very cute. So we saw an awful lot of wildlife and had a great weekend. Oh on the way back we stopped at a super nice thrift store and my husband got a boat prop and I got a bunch of yarn and some knitting needles (lots of goodies) it was like Christmas 2nd hand Yeah!

No comments:

Post a Comment