Friday, July 24, 2009

Fishing sean is OPEN!






















Wow! I have been having so much fun knitting this fish hat. I love the colors and the yarn is cotton. The dark blue and the light blue stripes just make this hat really stand out. The top and side fins were supposed to bejust one thin knit section but I didnt really like the feel of that so I double knit two sections then I sewed them together to make them thicker. I really liked the result. The bottom tail flippers were the same thin sections. I didn tlike that either so I again did double sections and then before I sewed them together I stuffed them with a little fluffy goodness. Also the eyes were supposed to be glued on felt pieces with big X's on 'em to make them look like dead eyes but I went to Benny's instead and got the snap on glass eyeballs. I'm really happy with this hat and it is so cute on your head. Even my husband wants me to make him one. FISH 'ON!

No comments:

Post a Comment