Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Dear Fallon


Dear Fallon, I was at your promotion today from Middle school to Highschool. I've heard you talk about your promotion for the last couple of weeks. Trying to make sure the other girls didnt wear the same dress that you were gonna wear. Finding shoes to go with that dress. Being so excited that you wanted to bring your dress to school to show everyone before hand. I heard it all. But I didnt listen to what you were really saying. I didnt hear you when you said you wanted to look nice that day, just like your other friends. I didnt hear you say just how important that day was going to be to you. I didnt hear you say that everyone else was going to curl their hair a certain way or wear heels or bring a shawl. I listened-but I didnt hear you. I watched you and your friends today at school. I saw you trying to fit in with everyone, be just like your friends. I saw your eyes cut to that one boy (ya you didnt know I was watching-but I saw). I know you wonder if he noticed you. I Should have gotten up earlier to curl your hair just the way you wanted it. It wouldnt have taken that much longer to do. I should have taken you to the mall to get the best of the bestest dress for you. So you would feel pretty and special. I should have taken you to get a pair of shoes with a heel on them like all your friends had. I saw them all dressed up trying to act like ladies and I looked at you-you were trying too. I guess you have to learn how to be a young lady sometime. I just dont like watching you grow up. I promise you my little girl, I promise you today, that I will try to be more open minded. I will try to let you grow up a little more. I been thinking about letting you even wear a little makeup-A LITTLE! Sorry sorry didnt mean to yell. A little makeup, maybe some mascara and eyeliner. I will definitely get you some heels. Lets just start with kitten heels first and ease into it, k? I was very proud of you. You had stars by your name and everything. Such a smart girl. You must have gotten it from your Aunt Jackie cause you sure didnt get it from me or your dad. So proud of you. You do make good choices and you have great smart friends. I love you and will cross my fingers for the next four years. Geez, High School. OMG! I most defiantly need Obiwon's infinite wisdom and knowledge! Help!

No comments:

Post a Comment