Friday, June 5, 2009

Honesty

Honesty is the human quality of communicating and acting truthfully related to truth as a value. This includes listening, and any action in the human repertoire — as well as speaking. I would like to think that one of my values to my family and friends is that I am an honest person. You ask me a question-Do I look fat in this dress? I'm not going to lie to you. If you look fat I'm going to find the nicest way posible to tell you, yes. I would not come up to a person and give such a opinion to them with out an actual request for that opionion. and thats just it-Its an opionion. You dont want to hear the truth than dont ask me. When I ask someone if my lipstick is too red I expect an honest answer-Im looking for their HONEST opinion. People who lie to other people about these things kinda honk me off. If I tell you the truth and you dont choose to believe it, thats fine too. When someone asks you if you mad at them-tell them yes or no. If your mad at them dont let it fester. You can find a nice way to communicate to them what they did or how they hurt your feelings. Just because someone has hurt your feeling or mad you mad doesnt mean you have to be enemy's forever. Dont walk around spitting venum behind peoples backs and then invite them to a movie 2 minutes later. A weak person who trys to avoid conflict will ultimately find himself deep in the middle of conflict (exactly what they were trying to avoid). Dont say something about someone unless your willing to stand behind what you say. Own it! You said it-Now own it! Some of the biggest, loudest, and smartest men I know are so weak in this way. They hide behind desks, and money, and education. "Well, I'm so educated and rich that everything I say must be the truth". "Everyone will believe what I say regardless of the truth because I am so smart". These people have no communicatin skills, have no problem lying to avoid conflict, and will do it right to your face quite easly because they are so used to doing it. It's easier to lie. It just rolls right out of their mouths like vomit. and the lies are what they stand behind. They rationalize to themselves the postive reasons to lie. Make themselves feel justified. I guess Im mad right now also at the people who choose to believe these type of people. Really? You cant tell when someone is feeding you a line?
Hmmmm...well thanks for listening. I'll re-read this about 40 times and try to live by my own advise. Every day is an opportunity to try to be a better person and nothing NOTHING in unrepairable when it comes to relationships. Its all an effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment